2019 ended as a bit of a damp squib, whatever that is, and hence we were looking forward to 2020. As everyone knows by now, that turned out to be a very bad idea. I think there’s a good chance the most of 2021 will go the same way as well, especially for those of us that are now marooned in Tier 4. (Hopefully that expression won’t mean much in a few year’s time.)
As you can probably tell, I wrote that a while ago and we’re now in the depths of the mysterious catacombs of lockdown#3. However, there is a glimmer of light in that lots of vaccinations are happening, some of them administered by me!, and perhaps as we get into the summer things will look better.
More random news from the Sabre t2a front as I get it closer to going racing. One thing that has happened is that I’ve signed up for the club’s pre-season trackday on Feb 24th so I’ve really got to get my act together now. More on that later, I hope. Continue reading “and upwards”
Hard to think of neat names for a post when I’ve just been continuing to do small bits and pieces.
Here’s an idea of the sort of structure that I want to build inside the sidepods to try and use the air a little more effectively. Probably won’t use paper though, more carbon seems a sensible idea. Continue reading “Onwards…”
…even though you might be justified in thinking this given the level of activitiy hereabouts. As I’m fed up with William complaining all the time it seems to be about time to catch you all up. So, settle in kids, and let’s get going… Continue reading “I’m not dead”
Not posted for a while, and not much to talk about really. After doing the new sidepods I’ve been working on the rear bodywork. Here’s the mould all together in one piece waiting for the layup to start. Continue reading “Working the body”
I finished making all the ARBs, here they are. I must admit I woke up one morning worrying that the ARB was going to bash in to the front bodywork so I got the bodywork in from the cold and tried it. Continue reading “Ducting”
As discussed, I’ve been putting some time into the front anti roll bar. I did think that I’d finally come up with an ideal way to engineer the front bar with the bar above the steering rack but I eventually had to abandon this as it was clear that it was never going to articulate properly. What’s more, the very short actuation levers that it required meant that the bar itself had to be alarmingly flimsy. Continue reading “ARBtastic”