The finishing line hoves into view

Final end mouldsAlthough, to be fair, it’s still a long way away… I’ve managed to make a decent bit of progress over the long Easter weekend, the time albeit being marred by death of an old friend and being laid up with a bloody migraine. (I reckon I know what it is now, whenever I take a holiday I get cluster of migraines. Apparently that’s not uncommon.)

Continue reading “The finishing line hoves into view”

Mould manouevres

Mould preparationI’m getting so bad at writing this blog that it’s getting annoying. I do write the occasional facebook post that ends up in the RGB group but that isn’t enough really. Worst of all, I have to read back and remember where I’d got to. The answer is usually that it wasn’t that different from now really…

All the same there is real progress to talk about this time. Last time, you will remember, I’d removed the moulds and ceremonially broken up the buck. The buck is in fact still sitting at the side of the house ready to be dumped into a skip that we’re hiring soon.

Continue reading “Mould manouevres”


Another small update of bits and pieAirboxces this time. I’m at that bit of the build where there’s a whole stack of things to do and I seem to be spending too much time deciding what to do next.

Anyway, here’s an airbox. I’ve decided to just start with the standard airbox. As I’d twizzled the one on the J15 around it wasn’t going to be possible to use that so I found another one on eBay and here it is…

Continue reading “Electrification”

Running again

Back again, although still with little to report. What’s worse is that I’ve got some exams to mark this week so that’s going to make progress even slower than usual.

All the same, after putting the new engine in I put all the wiring back. Of course, this was a lot quicker than last time as everything was cut to the right length. You can see some of the wiring in the photo on the right. Not really very interesting though, being the same as before.

Continue reading “Running again”

Liftoff approaches

Well, at least I hope it does.

Since I was last here I’ve been pressing onwards, and missed the RGB meeting at Donington last weekend. Anthea and I went up to watch and got burnt in the sunshine while watching the RGBers swooping down the Craner Curves. What’s to bet that when we go back there later in the year it’ll be raining, like it’s doing at the moment? More importantly, it’s now not long until the meeting at Snetterton which I’m aiming at for the newly engined car.

Continue reading “Liftoff approaches”


So, on with the tale of the engine upgrade.

As a couple of people suggested to me, I made a support for the standard-sump equipped engine as in the photo here. This allowed me to support the engine in position to see what I was going to have to do to make some engine mounts.

Note that I’m using a motor sport magazine to get the support at the right height.

Continue reading “Electrification”

Spoiling it

It’s getting closer and closer to the first race, although I’ve got one more test before then, but I’m thinking more and more about the race. (That is, I’m getting very nervous!)

So, I’ve just been doing a few bits and pieces really.  First up was fixing a small problem. I found at the recent Snetterton test that when I climbed into the car I tended to whack my knee on the connector on the bottom of the Palm, breaking it! So, I’ve put a little extension on the bottom of the mounting plate to hopefully support it a bit better.

Continue reading “Spoiling it”