More random news from the Sabre t2a front as I get it closer to going racing. One thing that has happened is that I’ve signed up for the club’s pre-season trackday on Feb 24th so I’ve really got to get my act together now. More on that later, I hope. Continue reading “and upwards”
So, it’s nitty gritty time again. When we were last here I was starting to take the car to bits and I’ve been pressing on with this. Continue reading “Pressing on”
So, yet another race season (my 13th, I just worked out) is creeping up on us. I thought I’d tell you what I’d been up to and show you a few photographs so you don’t get over excited when the racing actually starts. Continue reading “Yet another race season”
Next up, we go to Snetterton. Another circuit that used to be great and is now average because they messed up the three best corners (Sear, Coram and Russell) in order to satisfy some notion that’s beyond me. All the same, we were back for the usual weekend meeting and I’d managed to book the test day in time. Continue reading “Bang!”
Well, even though I hate the circuit, I’m now aiming for the next race at Rockingham which will take place on 5th and 6th of July. What’s more, that’s the date of the annual RGB marshals’ BBQ so I really have to be there.
As such, I’ve got a real mountain to climb although I think it’s just about feasible. Getting some time for testing sounds a bit tricky though.
The floor of the chassis has been bonded in, as well as riveted with some rather natty flush rivets. Now, all I’ve got to do is to put it together. The only problem at the moment is that the grey semi-shiny finish seems to upset the camera I use and quite a lot of the photos look bizarre…
Yet again, it’s back into the garage with a few things to sort. However, before that, here’s something interesting. You will remember that I was in a real race at Silverstone with a certain amount of position swapping going on. It seems as though the action was actually a little closer than I’d thought, as here’s a small battle wound…
Rather amazingly, I seem to have reached the end of the winter mods and reconstruction of the car. I’ve done all the suspension setup, although as usual I might do it again. I’ve also done the corner weighting.
So, all that’s left before the start of the season is to test the thing.I did drive it from the garage onto the drive again which worked. I then used the reverse to get back into the garage, which didn’t work. However, I’ve now fixed that. (Some dozy pillock had wired the motor wrongly.)
To get myself finally set up I trudged up to Harrogate today to get the car dynoed. This is the same place I took the J15 in its earlier CBR1000RR07 incarnation so, even though the actual numbers from the dyno are not relevant, the comparisons are.
All the same, after putting the new engine in I put all the wiring back. Of course, this was a lot quicker than last time as everything was cut to the right length. You can see some of the wiring in the photo on the right. Not really very interesting though, being the same as before.
OK, I know I’ve been tardy about posting lately, but not very much has been going on. However, I’ve been re-invigorated by a trip up to the Autosport International show this week, along with Adrian. I didn’t actually buy anything but it was great looking at all the bits and we bumped into loads of fellow RGBers.