It’s getting awfully close to the new season now, and I’m getting more ready but I’m still not there yet. In particular, I’ve done no testing or anything which is not something that can be said for much of the rest of the grid… Oh well. Continue reading “Eeek!”
One of the things to do is to add a front and rear floor to the car. In the future, I’m doubtless going to want to be more sophisticated about this but I decided to do something simple for now. For the front floor, I haven’t sorted the rear one yet, I made a mould by bending a sheet of aluminium around some bits of wood and laid up a mixture of various bits of fabric using some polyester resin with some stiffening ribs made our of coremat embedded in the mix. Also embedded in the mix, as a consequence of the location, are 1 Red Admiral butterfly and various bits of honeysuckle.
Note the innovative use of three wheelie bins… Continue reading “Eeek!”
Well, the car’s nearly finished. But, of course, there’s still loads of things to do! First up this time is fitting the harness. This required lots of stuff to be cut out of the seat to allow room for the straps but it fits pretty well now.
I’ve got empty garage syndrome. Although, I must admit to seeing the Fury go to a chap that’s clearly intending to race it. As you can see, there’s now only one red car in my garage. So, I could get on with sticking myself into the car; making a seat involves quite a lot of mess as the cut-up bits of foam get everywhere.
A thing I’ve been concerned about for a while is whether the seat belt mountings are OK for use with the HANS device, which requires that the angle of dangle of the belts between the HANS and the mountings is within 20° of horizontal. So, I installed a seat (that is, the old blanket that I use for such things) and took a video of myself sitting down in the seat in various ways. The photo on the right is an image capture from this video, which I made with the video camera I inherited off my Dad.