Slow progress

The chassis returnsSo, after a couple of weeks, I got the chassis back and put it up on stands in the garage although, as you can see, there’s rather of lot of junk in the garage as well.

The floor of the chassis has been bonded in, as well as riveted ¬†with some rather natty flush rivets. Now, all I’ve got to do is to put it together. The only problem at the moment is that the grey semi-shiny finish seems to upset the camera I use and quite a lot of the photos look bizarre…

Continue reading “Slow progress”

Dashing along

After musing for some considerable time, I decided that I was never going to like the other gearchange and I’d just have to make my own again. So I did, and here it is. It’s essentially a reworking of the one I made for the Fury, albeit reworked for 2010. Specifically as I’ve now got a lathe some bits are rather easier to do.

Continue reading “Dashing along”

Gearing down

Hmmm, I seem to have spent a lot of time in the garage recently, albeit hobbling around rather. But, I don’t seem to have made too much progress, and have made at least one rather backward step.

First up, though, is a bit more progress on the electrics. In fact, I’ve just about got it all finished now. For example, I’ve now got all the sensors on the engine such as the oil pressure/switch in the photo here.

Continue reading “Gearing down”